In a society where it is becoming ever more normal to question where and how things are sourced, such as meat and vegetables, clothes to name a few. Why then do we not question the Health & fitness industry more? In this new wave of popular blue tick fitness professionals on IG, thankfully more and more of us are starting to question what really works. Not just for the short term but for the long haul.
The key is education!…Enabling you to make a balanced and informed choice. If you don’t know everything there is to know about achieving muscle growth or fat loss for example, that’s fine! Because that is something you can learn from a personal trainer. Have an issue with your diet then a nutritionist can give you direction. It’s okay to ask questions before you hire a health or fitness professional. In fact we highly recommend you do! Because bad practices can put you at risk from an injury or worse…Before you get started consider asking some the questions below:
- Is there an initial consultation? Health Screening?
- How long have you been practicing, and what are your qualifications?
- How will you track my progress?
- What kind of training and exercise will we be doing in our sessions?
- How many sessions a week would you suggest we have and Why?
- What Should I Do Between Sessions with You?
- What are your rates?
- And maybe throw in a question that will showcase the personal trainers personality to see if you are a good fit.
Once you have the answers it’s time to do the homework!
- Request testimonials
- Ask for qualifications and check accrediting bodies!
- If unsure of qualification type, Google it! (boring I know) and do a bit of research on the course.
- Keep away from multiple sales offerings (bad sign for confidence in delivering one service)
Thanks for Reading We hope you found it useful.
PT Workspace Team
P.S If you are interested in finding out about personal training or studio hire at PT Workspace you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition why not take a look at some of the personal trainers who already work with us here.